I finally got around to dealing with this mess. (I just noticed that I posted the last post for this project 385 days ago!)
Kristin is patient, but she has been asking me to stain and install the doors. I had some fitting to do, along with a week or so of staining/ finishing before install time. (not to mention dropping/breaking/rebuilding/ one door).
Installing the Z-braces on the inside of the doors.
First to install a door stop for the doors to close against. If I could do it all over I would have just raised the floor of the cabinet.
I shim out the doors with pennies, paper, and credit cards. See, there is still a use for all three.
I saved the little spacer to set the surface mount butterfly hinges. I just line it up with opening and mark where the hinge goes. Don’t measure if possible is my motto. Just mark it.
I carefully drilled one hole at a time with the vix bit. I drill a hole.. install the screw…. repeat. If you try to drill them all at once the hinge can become misaligned.
My bit snapped so It was off to the shop for a replacement.
I use classic brass cabinet latches. Screwdriver only for driving these. No danger of skipping across the project.
I missed some shots of installing the trim over the ugly concrete but here are the finished results.
Long shot of kitchen. Left is award winning cabinet, middle is dishwasher panel, right is final section from this project.
So much better…..
On to making some shelves and the shoe moulding…