Before I install the dishwasher panel I need to fit a piece of trim to cover the mortar bed. So back to the wood pile.
I need 11 feet of trim so I pulled a 12 footer from my stash and began the resaw process.
First: Metal detector boogie and pull nails. (About 50 this time)
Getting ready to resaw. Tiny Shop!
My outfeed support.
Planer cleanup. Unfortunately a knot blew out, so I am going to have to scarf two pieces.
Ran out of steam. It is cold. (58) Hopefully I will get it together tomorrow. It is my first time scribing which I am nervous about. Any advice?
I scribed some hardboard strips.
The first two strips did not fit well, but then I switched from the jigsaw to the bandsaw for cut out. It went
so well that I decided to just go ahead and scribe the real trim, since it was lighter and easier to see the pencil lines.
Here I have the trim board tacked up level.
Here I am setting the compass to the distance that the board needs to lose material. I was shooting for 1/8” below the top of the cabinet face frame. It washard to shoot photo and hold compass still, so the actual compass distance was set to the bottom of the trim to about where you see the lead.
I need a darker pencil next time. Look closely.
I bandsawed the two pieces of trim and cut a scarf joint.
Fitting the trim was trial and error.
We dragged the diswasher in from the shop in preperation for the install.
First I had to reduce the dishwasher opening by 1 1/2 inches. I previously milled, fitted, and stained two boards for this purpose. Just needed to tack them in.
I set the dishwasher into place and test fit the panel.
I ran out of working time though, as we had dinner plans. Today I finish.